Procedure To Enter The Dog In Thailand Dog Show
Important Information for Exhibitor who wish to bring dog to show in Thailand
Requirements for Importation of Dogs into Thailand
For exhibitor who travel with pets and seek to pass them through Thailand, everything can be done at the port of entry by having these following required documents ready before arrival:
1) Form Rore. 1/1 (ร. 1/1) from Thai Department of Livestock Development
2) Health Certificate:
The Veterinary Certificate for Thailand must be completed in English and stamped (endorsed) by the government of the exporting country responsible for the import and export of animals.
3) Proof of Vaccination:
Vaccination record* (must be in English) which includes
a. Pet’s details (breed, sex, DOB, color, and microchip no.)
b. Veterinarian’s details who administrates vaccines (full name, license number, and
c. Dog (5 Required Vaccines): Rabies**, Canine Distemper, Canine Hepatitis, Canine
Parvovirus, and Leptospirosis*** vaccines
* In case of primary or discontinuity vaccination, animal must wait for 21 days since vaccination before departure. However animal has valid booster vaccination, a waiting period is not required and the previous vaccination records should be attached.
** In case of primary Rabies vaccine: animal was at least 12 weeks old at the time of administration.
***In case of dogs that did not have a valid Leptospirosis vaccine: dogs must have a negative result for the Leptospirosis test within 30 days prior to departure.
4) A Copy of the Pet Owner’s Passport
1. Pets must be at least 4 months old to be able to import into Thailand.
2. Pit bull Terrier or American Staffordshire Terrier are prohibited for importation into Thailand.
3. As long as pets don’t show any sign of illness, they would not be quarantined.
***However, a quarantine officer has the discretionary authority to detain in
a quarantine station any pets/animals seeking to pass through Thailand.***
4. More information about the Requirements for the Importation of Dogs into the Kingdom of Thailand. Please see below:
Animal Quarantine Station at Suvarnnabhumi Airport’s Contact Information:
For those who travel with pets and seek to pass them through Thailand:
Please contact: Animal Quarantine Station (Port of Entry)
Tel+(662) 134-0636 Business Hours: 24 hrs daily
For those who wish to import/export pets to Thailand:
Please contact: Animal Quarantine Station (Cargo Terminal :Free Zone Area ,CE 1 Building )
Tel+(662) 134-7031 Business Hours 8:30am – 4:30pm
E-mail: [email protected]
Arrival and Import Clearance:
Upon arrival to Thailand, we suggest you to follow the following steps:
1. Collect your pet on excess baggage claim area.
2. Proceed to Animal Quarantine office, located in the baggage claim area inside the airport, for Import clearance.
3. Present all required documents (Form Rore. 1/1, Health Certificate, Proof of Vaccination, import permit and etc) to animal quarantine officer.
4. The quarantine officer will then issue Import Clearance document with the current fees of 500 THB (fee is subject to change).
5. Then you need to present Import Clearance document at custom declaration exit (red lane) to the customs officer (we suggest you to also show the dog show application form to show the customs officer that you take your dog to show in Thailand and will take the dog back to your home country without commercial purpose.
Departure and Export Clearance:
KATH will arrange officer at the show site (date will be informed) to assist exhibitor for the export permit, health certificate and related document to bring your dog back to your country (fee is depending on the destination country). Please make sure that you have all necessary documents required by your destination country to be able to take your dog back.